Friday, April 16, 2010

Rejoice!!!

Why wouldn't I want to shout and dance and clap my hands with enthusiasm over all that the Father has done for me?  I can't imagine feeling so religiously restrained to rejoice in Him for His goodness to me that I have to sit on my hands and plant my feet on the ground as though He would be offended by my demonstrative praise!  Somebody tell me how that honors the God of wonders in any way.  On the contrary, I see Yahweh not only receiving my exuberant shouts and dance, but even entering in with me as I praise Him with such vulnerable expressions.  The more I understand this, the more I find myself shrugging off the voices of religion and becoming like a child at my Father's feet as I worship and praise.  David said in Psalm 32: 3 & 11 "When I kept silent, my bones grew old Through my groaning all the day long.  Be glad in the Lord and rejoice, you righteous; and shout for joy, all you upright in heart!"  NKJV  What is it about rejoicing that makes the religious cringe?  It is that once a person begins to rejoice in the Father they are no longer in control and religion loves control.  What religion cannot control, it attacks!  Kingdom people have a response to every attack, and to this particular one let us all find ourselves rejoicing in Him with passion and freedom and with the clap and the dance and the shout until all of Hell recoils with confusion because it has no answer!  Let the dance find its way back into the lives of the believer, let the clap be heard louder than the symbol, let the shout raise every roof and let every believer be guilty of honoring the Father with such expression that the heavens quake as Yahweh Himself turns to us and rejoices over our rejoicing over Him!  Hallelujah!  Let the people rejoice!