Friday, May 14, 2010

What People Want

In March I celebrated my twenty first year in ministry. I thank Yahweh for His grace towards me in the process and for gracing me for the people He sent my way. I'm sure there have been times He was as frustrated with my choices and actions as much as I have been by the same in others.

In a perfect world, we all make perfect choices and hear and obey God's voice every time. This is not a perfect world and we are not perfect people. Ah, the need for apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors and teachers. I am so thankful for what the Father in His divine wisdom put in place to equip me as a legitimate son. I don't have to steal a birthright, try to keep laws that can't be kept, or even pretend to be flawless so I can know Him. All I have to do is position myself to be taught and crucify my pride and He will impart wisdom to me through those He sent as oracles of truth. We have to understand that it is not about what we want, but rather about what He wants. We all want to believe that that is our desire and position, yet pride of having to be right or the need to one up others, too often leads to what we want, not what He wants. People want what they are comfortable with, that is not the Kingdom. People want what makes them feel good, that is not the Kingdom. People want to impress God with their gifts, that is not the Kingdom. People want to be equal in gifts and anointing, that is not the Kingdom. The Kingdom is trust, hearing, obeying, change, adjustment, humility, and grace. It is believing in what He is doing even if what He is doing is not what we are used to. In truth, Yahweh really doesn't care what people want, because He knows where that leads. The sooner we all realize where what we want leads, it will become imperative to find out what He wants, and then obey.

I'll see you Sunday morning ready to get past us and into Him!